Thursday, May 22, 2008

Asia'h Epperson FaceBook - Update


A month ago, I sign up as Asia'h Epperson for the Facebook account which I wrote about in the post Asia'h Epperson Facebook. At that time, I have only a few friends and although I knew Facebook is very popular, I have clearly underestimated the popularity of it.


To be exact, I am getting quite a big number of friends request daily and I knew that these people who wanted to befriend me, most probably, they mistaken me as the American Idol contestant, Asia'h Epperson. The number of friends request notification emails I received daily from Facebook is flooding my email. Not to sure if I can turn off that as I yet to explore some of the options. Anyway, it looks like I am riding on Asia'h Epperson fame in facebook :)


Initially, I logged into Facebook daily; but as time goes by, I found that I am spending far too much time in Facebook and decided to cut down the frequency. It’s addictive and I found that I can spend hours on it. There are times when I never worked on anything, be it this blog, Asia’h Epperson, or my 2 other blogs for the whole day. So, for now, I tried to restraint myself from logging in daily.


Judging from the number of people that want to befriend Asia’h Epperson, I think Facebook is good for social networking. You can make friends with people all over the world but if you don’t practice enough self-control, you can find yourself updating your ‘status’ every few minutes and staring at a computer screen for hours. If you really sit down and check your time spend on Facebook, I won’t be surprise that you are spending long hours in it. That’s really incredible, isn’t it?

For now, I decided to spend more time working on Asia’h Epperson and will only logged in once a few days. What about you? Are you spending too much time on Facebook?


No comments: