Thursday, May 22, 2008

Google SERPS Update?


It seems like there is some updating going on in Google for their Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).

I came to this conclusion is because when I just checked the keyword, Asia'h Epperson, I found that the Asia'h Epperson fan site that used to sit in number 3 spot, just directly after the official American Idol site, is no longer there. And if you are not aware, that site had been occupying the number 3 spot since early March.


So, what's going on?


Actually, since late April, I started to discover that a few websites that used to sit high up in the Google SERPs for the keyword Asia'h Epperson are being de-listed or push all the way back in Google, including this blog. After sometimes, ranging from a period two to four weeks, they are then re-included into the search result pages again.

One of my other blogs, which also sit nicely in page 1 of Google SERPs for a specific search keyword is also gone today. I tried a number of combination, but, it is just not appearing and the strange thing is, if I type “site:abcde.com”, it did show all pages of my blog. So, I think the blog is being indexed, but, Google had taken it offline for the SERPs page.


Back to the Asia'h Epperson fan site that I mentioned above. By typing “site:abcde.com”, it also return results, so, I think Google is currently updating their SERPs, and all those sites affected are being taken off temporary. They should be re-included into the Google SERPS sometimes later, the period might varies from 2-4 weeks, based on what I have seen so far.


It appears strange to me that website that used to rank high for Asia'h Epperson for such a long period can suddenly be gone from Google SERPs, but, as I said before, nobody really understand Google. The only thing that we can do is to keep working on it, don't bother about statistics, page rank and others.



Did you notice any changes in your sites’ rankings?



No comments: