Friday, May 30, 2008

Is There Money To Be Made Online?


When I started this blog, Asia’h Epperson, about two months back, I knew that making money online through blogging is never an easy road. It is all about hard work, hard work and hard work. Still, I decided to start working on it and as they said, the rest is history. Since then, I have created several other niche blogs as well.

To be frank, I am not making big money yet, just some small changes here and there, but, that is enough to convince me that there is serious money out there to be made. It is up to me to work my way there and grab it.

And before you ask, let me tell you, Asia’h Epperson didn’t make me a single cent. There is no money to be made here because I didn’t put up any advertisement and have no intention to do so. All the money that I made online so far is through my other niche blogs, not Asia’h Epperson.


So, how can money be made through blogging? There are two different views:-

One side argues that having a large reader base and high RSS subscriber will bring in the money. With a large reader base, advertiser will be attracted to your blog and that translates into money.

Another view is that having a large reader base won’t bring in the money. Only organic traffic from search engine will help you make money. Why? Because these are the people who found your blog and they are more likely to click on advertisement.


Let’s take a look at the most simplest form of advertisement, Google Adsense. Almost all blogs start their advertisement with Google Adsense as it is easy to sign up and implement.

If you take a look at all those big blogs with large reader base, you will find that most, if not all, of them are not using Adsense. Why? It is because there is a common understanding that regular readers that read your blog won’t click advertisement at all.



I will tell you how I make money online and you think and decide yourself which view is correct.


All my other niche blogs don’t have regular readers. Okay, maybe one or two will bookmark the blog and come back, but, the majority of the visitors are from search engine. I ranked well for some keywords, they search in Google or Yahoo, found and come to my blog. Most of them leave almost immediately when they didn’t find the information that they are looking for. Some of them will click my ads. Some don’t. If they do, I make some money.


That’s how I make my money so far. Simple?


Not really. The tough part is how to rank well in search engine. And if you are not aware, this blog that you are reading now, ranks well for Asia’h Epperson.


No comments: